IP address in "website" field - login not showing up with device changes IP.

Hi, I couldn't find anything in KB or forum for this, point me in the right direction if I missed it.
I have a few logins saved with only IP address (devices on my LAN). Sometimes IP addresses change and I might get my NAS login details for the Access Point, or not at all. I tried a wildcard (192.168.1.*), hoping that any address in the range would be recognised, which didn't work.

What should I do instead? I'm ok if all logins whose "website" field include "192.168" show up at the login for every ip address.

Cheers

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: W10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Pontus,

Thank you for reaching out!

Wildcards are not supported in the website addresses in 1Password, so 192.168.1.* will not work. Is there a particular reason why the IP address for your NAS changes? Have you tried to assign a static address?

Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• Pontus
    Pontus
    Community Member

They are static but changed because devices were added and removed, replaced over time. I guess you could call it poor IP management on my part 🙄🤔
    So you can't think of another workaround? Perhaps tagging all network devices with a label e.g. "LAN" in 1p?

• Pontus
    Pontus
    Community Member

Said and done, I tried tagging and that solves half the problem. But how do I bring up a tag with all its items in the browser plug in? Searching for the tag name didn't work...

• You can search tags with the syntax tag:foo (note the lack of spaces), @Pontus, but ultimately the IP will need to match between Login and web page in order for filling to work properly. The search will allow you to find the items in question, but you'd still need to correct that IP address before 1Password will fill that item properly on the new IP. :+1:

• Pontus
    Pontus
    Community Member

Thanks @bundtkate , searching did not show up because the search string is case sensitive! I don't know what to say, didn't search fields become smart a decade or two ago?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Pontus,

We have plans to improve search in 1Password for Windows, but it takes time, because 1Password 7 for Windows is built from the ground up.

If you have any questions about the current functionality, we are ready to answer them. Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.