Strange behaviour at startup and generating Windows error message randomly

Hello,

I am a very long time user of 1P and moved recently to a new laptop Thinkpad X280 under Win10 Pro (French).

I am encountering strange behaviour with the main 1P software (latest version available 7.3.684) as I deselected the option "open at startup" in the settings but still the login 1P window is there every time I start up the laptop. When I enter my password, the program closes down and generates an error reprot that I am sending to Agilebits without getting any feedback.

When you launch it for the second time, the program will work correctly but will then randomly tigger Windows error message related to NET framework I guess (or something similar). I must confess that I didn't pay much attention to the details as the error window seemed very complex in its formulation...

I have generated a log file that I can send to the support if you provide me with the explanation on how to do it.

Thanks in advance and best regards.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 1.15.3
OS Version: Win 10 Pro
Sync Type: 1P .com

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Didiko,

Thank you for reaching out! :+1:

We will need to investigate what is happening, so please send your Diagnostics Report in an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com. Additionally, try to take a screenshot of that error message the next time you see it, as it will be really helpful. Here is how you can use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots:

Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots

Also, do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Didiko
    Didiko
    Community Member

Hello @Greg

The message with all details has been sent as requested.
    Please note that this popup window sometimes stays on top of the screen even when I click "dismiss".

Waiting to hear from you.
    Kind regards,

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2019

Hi @Didiko,

Fantastic, I found your email. We will take a look and get back to you soon.

For everyone else reading it: I will post an update here after we resolve the issue. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: WVU-45869-984

ref: opw/opw#3736

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

UPD:

If you see "This application could not be started" error message, please try to uninstall 1Password extension from Microsoft Edge, reboot your PC, and check if the issue remains. Thanks! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.