To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

License key only

Hbroadstone
Hbroadstone
Community Member

I am told to upload my license file, but I only have a license key. Where can I enter this key? could you please send med license file if that is needed?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.4.90
OS Version: OS 10.14.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:licens key

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Hbroadstone! Welcome to the forum! :)

Only very old versions of 1Password used license keys, later versions use license files. I believe that the last version where you could paste your key was version 3. From your records, can you confirm if 1Password 3 is indeed the version you purchased back then? You can see this information in your email confirmation, which you would have received right after placing your order.

If version 3 is the one you purchased, you can download it again from here.

Please do consider updating to the latest version if that is the case however: 1Password 3 is several years old now and has not been updated for a long time. If you create a 1Password Membership, you will get all the latest versions of the 1Password apps for all your devices ;)

• Hbroadstone
    Hbroadstone
    Community Member

I purchased 1 Password 5

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Hbroadstone: 1Password 5 was already using license files if I am not mistaken, so your license key might be coming from an earlier version. In the email confirmation that you received, do you see an attachment with your license file? Or a download link in the email?

Alternatively, you can also try opening the Software Licenses category in your 1Password app. Previous 1Password purchases you made should have been added to that category automatically, including the license file as well.

• Hbroadstone
    Hbroadstone
    Community Member

No attachements unforunately

• Hbroadstone
    Hbroadstone
    Community Member

1Password 5 for Mac (Single License)

• @Hbroadstone

Please forward the license email to support@1password.com and include a link to this thread in your message:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/104832/license-key-only#latest

A 1Password 5 license would not be valid on modern versions of 1Password but we'd be happy to confirm what it is that you've purchased and elaborate on the options moving forward.

Ben

• rbn
    rbn
    Community Member

Hy guys,
    I have the same problem.
    I purchased 1password 5 for Mac but I can not find the license file. I only have the email with the code.
    Should I send it to the team as Ben suggested to Hbroadstone?

Thank you in advance
    Ruben

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rbn - yep! That will be your best option. Make sure to use the specific URL of your post, however, to avoid confusion: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/513881/#Comment_513881

• manuelpq
    manuelpq
    Community Member

I have a related problem... I just purchased 1Password 7 and on my Mac laptop (where I completed the purchase), it does show that I am "licensed" as of 6 days ago. All good. But I am trying to configure/update 1Password on my iMac and it needs a file to upload. I purchased 1Password 7 through the app and thus never got a license file on email or downloaded (or I haven't been able to find one).

Based on the messages above, would it work if I go to the 1Password software license categories, show the license file in the Finder, then copy it to my iMac and then upload it there?

• Hi @manuelpq

That should work, yes, but you should've received an email with a link to download your license file. Could you please check your spam folder for any messages from the day you made the purchase? If you aren't finding anything I'd recommend reaching out to our sales team at sales@1password.com to get a copy of that. You should have it for your records, even if you're able to sort this particular situation another way.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• manuelpq
    manuelpq
    Community Member

Thanks... that did work... and I checked spam folders and can't find it. I'll reach out to the sales team. Thank you.

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.