Fingerprint Unlock Unavailable

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

I can't use fingerprint. Shows this error. How to fix this?

Comments

• Hi @Sanesh. Can you please go to the system settings and remove your fingerprints? Then restart your device, re-enroll your fingerprints, and try to enable Fingerprint Unlock again. Does that help?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

not working.still same error

• @Sanesh Can you let me know what device you're using and what version of Android it's running?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Galaxy S7. Android Pie Rom

• Thanks for the update, @Sanesh. Fingerprint Unlock is supported on devices that support Google's fingerprint framework. In some cases, users of certain devices have not been able to use Fingerprint Unlock due to the device manufacturer not fully supporting Google's fingerprint framework. However, I have heard from S7 users who were indeed able to use Fingerprint Unlock, so I'm not sure why you're seeing this error. Did you make sure to reboot your device before setting Fingerprint Unlock up again?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Yes. I did

• @Sanesh I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/104774/fingerprint-unlock-unavailable#latest
    • Your forum username: Sanesh

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

[#YCK-82282-573]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Sanesh, thank you!

We have received your email and we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: #YCK-82282-573

This discussion has been closed.