"1Password database error"

This discussion was created from comments split from: Can't access 1Password on iPhone.

Comments

• ziofil
    ziofil
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

Same here on iPhone (iOS 12.3.1). After opening the QR code from the MacOS app I input the master password and I get the message "1password database error"

• Hi @ziofil

Where is your data right now? Is it available to you if you log in at https://my.1password.com/ in a web browser?

Ben

• ziofil
    ziofil
    Community Member

Hi @Ben, thank you for the quick reply.
    Yes, I tried on the website and it works (as well as from my Mac). It still doesn't on the phone.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ziofil - the next step I'd try in that case is deleting 1Password for iOS from your iPhone, then re-downloading/installing it from the App Store. When you first open it, 1Password for iOS will be as if you're a brand new user. Follow these instructions to scan your Setup Code from the screen of your Mac (or your Emergency Kit, if you printed that out), enter your Master Password, and you should be all set. Let us know how/if that works for you. :)

• hesspaul
    hesspaul
    Community Member

@Lars FYI I have this same problem. It works online and also on my Mac. On my iPhone both accounts disappeared (possibly after an update to 7.4.1). When I try to log in with the master password and the known accounts it fails. Then when I try to add it using the setup code from the Mac I receive "1Password Database Error".

I am about to try deleting the app and re-adding it.

I am hoping this won't be true on all three iOS devices (the others aren't with me at the moment so I don't yet know).

• hesspaul
    hesspaul
    Community Member

Followup: Deleting the app and then re-downloading it resolved the issue.

Do you think the problem was triggered by the recent update?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hesspaul: It's hard to say. We haven't received other reports like this. What did you update?

• hesspaul
    hesspaul
    Community Member

I updated all apps on my iPhone today, and I see 7.4.1 came out only a few days ago, so it’s possible it was part of tonight’s update. I don’t recall when I did a prior update-all. Might be a coincidence but this was my first use of 1Password subsequent to that update.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hesspaul: Ah, thanks for clarifying. We'll keep an eye out. Glad all is well for you now, but we're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.