Two laptops how to sync the passwords

Options
Angelluc
Angelluc
Community Member

Hello, I had a 1password account on one Mac and now I installed it on a second one with the same credentials. Only when I now look in my online account there are only the few new ones from the new installation and all those of the first installation are visible on the laptop itself but not reachable for the second laptop.
How does that work? Did I something wrong by using the same credentials?

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Angelluc! I'm sorry for the trouble. If you've got a 1password.com account/membership, then you'll have the same data anywhere you sign in (whether in a browser or a 1Password app), if you use the same credentials. It may have something to do with how quickly you checked and how fast/consistent your internet connection is, but populating the data should be relatively quick. If it's been a few minutes and you're still seeing the same thing, then something else is wrong.

Can you please sign into your account in a browser at https://start.1password.com and let me know whether you see what you would consider a complete and up-to-date copy of your 1Password data? If so, good! Next, open your 1Password 7 apps on both Macs, and make sure you're signed into the same account by checking the details in Preferences > Accounts - and also checking in Preferences > Vaults to make sure you don't have any remaining standalone ("Primary") vaults on either device. Let me know what you discover. :)

• Angelluc
    Angelluc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars,
    Yes right the old one has a primary vault I discover now where most of the passwords are stored...
    I tried if I could sync them with the other vault but that option to sync is not there only iCloud, Dropbox and folder.
    Any suggestions on how to move them?

• Angelluc
    Angelluc
    Community Member
    Options

Oh and just now I see that in the advanced settings on the old installation I have allowed to create vaults which are free from the 1Password accounts (I suppose that is for a free version to try out? Can't remember). So that's where this primary fault comes from. Hope it can be synced with the account vault and then it can be deleted I suppose.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Angelluc - if you have a 1password.com membership/account, you can sign into your account on the device that has the Primary vault, then move items over from the Primary vault into the account vault(s). Once that's done, you should use these instructions to remove the Primary (and any other standalone vaults) on all devices, leaving you running only your 1Password account vault. Let us know how you get on. :)

• Angelluc
    Angelluc
    Community Member
    Options

Great Lars, that worked easy peasy, could I have configured myself :-)
    Clear and clean.

Enjoy life,
    Luc

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Angelluc
    On behalf of Lars, you are very welcome! I am happy to hear he was able to clarify things for you.

Have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.