My Vault isn't syncing properly

Options
FlipFlopFlorin
FlipFlopFlorin
Community Member

Hello,
I am using 1Password on several Macs and iDevices with older systems and single user licenses. Now I have tried 1Password7 and when I sync my opvault on iCloud it shows me all of my keys but I can't read them. Every item is called "Unbenannt" (German for "unnamed"). Is this a bug or is it not possible to sync between Versions 6 and 7?

1Password Version: 6 and 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.4 and older
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• FlipFlopFlorin
    FlipFlopFlorin
    Community Member
    Options

I've just found this Thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/78543/most-entries-are-labeled-unnamed
    and tried the recommendation – but it had no effect. Version 7 is still not displaying the vault correctly.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @FlipFlopFlorin! It's definitely possible to sync between 1Password 6 for Mac and 1Password 7 for Mac. However, that thread you reference is over two years old, so recommendations from there may very well not be applicable at this point, given changes in both 1Password and underlying technologies.

Having said that, can you be more specific about what "recommendation" you tried? I assume you mean Drew_AG's set of steps? If you've clicked Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data in 1Password 7 on your Mac, that should wipe any existing data and allow you to start fresh by following the rest of the steps outlined there. Can you clarify what steps exactly you took? Thanks.

• FlipFlopFlorin
    FlipFlopFlorin
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your quick response. You're right, I followed the steps recommended by Drew. First, I wiped all data on the new Mac and – using the old Mac – made a backup, stopped syncing and deleted the vault on iCloud. Then I started the syncing process again and created a new opvault file. But all items still were shown as "unnamed" when I tried the new Mac.

Interesting though, when I used the iPad Version afterwards, it synced with the new opvault file without any "error" note. (I was somewhat expecting it to notice the new file)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@FlipFlopFlorin - so to be clear, you're still having the "Unnamed" issue on one Mac? If so, then I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#YHM-64472-486]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @FlipFlopFlorin only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: YHM-64472-486

• FlipFlopFlorin
    FlipFlopFlorin
    Community Member
    Options

I've send reports from three different devices to support@agilebits.com – I hope, there will be any hint to my problem.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@FlipFlopFlorin, we have received your email and we will get back to you over there as soon as possible. :)

Thank you for your patience!

• FlipFlopFlorin
    FlipFlopFlorin
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your step to step description via mail – this time it worked! uff

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@FlipFlopFlorin - I'm glad Laura was able to assist you via email. On behalf of all of us, you're quite welcome, and have a great rest of your week! :)

This discussion has been closed.