To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

how do I access my emergency kit when I don't have a secret key?

debsocean
debsocean
Community Member

I purchased 7 yesterday to update 6, I'm still in the free mode, is that why I can't access my emergency kit that was sent to me? I have all my items & categories, but still can't get that information. Like I said, I already have 1Password so I'd just like to access what I'm going to be paying for. I'd really appreciate your help, thanks, Deb

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I have a stand alone 6.5 and just purchased 7 yesterday, but cannot access my emergency kit,

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @debsocean!

is that why I can't access my emergency kit that was sent to me?

Your Emergency Kit is never sent to you. You can download it while you create your 1Password account, or from your My Profile page, but it's never sent to you by us.

Being in the free trial is not a problem however, as it sounds like the real issue is that you haven't downloaded this document when prompted, and therefore you cannot use it to retrieve your Secret Key. Luckily, there are other ways to retrieve your Secret Key, including from within the 1Password app. So if you have added your 1Password account to a 1Password app already, you will be able to retrieve the Secret Key from there and download a new copy of the Emergency Kit ;)

• debsocean
    debsocean
    Community Member

So even though I already have 1password, I still have to download 7? Also when I try to download, it's still asking me for the secret key!

• debsocean
    debsocean
    Community Member

thanks so much for helping me navigate through this! Deb

• debsocean
    debsocean
    Community Member

Is there phone support?

• debsocean
    debsocean
    Community Member

Hello, are you still available to help?

• debsocean
    debsocean
    Community Member

Here is a recap hoping to better describe my situation: I received my email saying my account is ready to go with associated links to get the apps & sign in, but I don’t have all my information to do that & get stalled at the secret key, so I cannot download the apps or sign in! I’m going around in circles and getting frustrated. I’d really like to speak to someone, please help. Deb

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@debsocean:

So even though I already have 1password, I still have to download 7? Also when I try to download, it's still asking me for the secret key!

If you have added your 1Password account to version 6 for now, you can retrieve the Secret Key from there. You can configure version 7 once you have all your login information again :)

Have you tried the instructions I posted to retrieve the Secret Key already? If you added your account information to 1Password 6, you will be able to retrieve your Secret Key from 1Password 6 Preferences > Accounts tab.

This discussion has been closed.