Database record type - doesn't show 'subtitle' on list view

tim1
tim1
Community Member

Many of the record types show an extra piece of information in list views. For example, logins show the title of the record and then, underneath, the username. Likewise with server records. Passports show the title and the document number underneath.

However database records types don't show anything else. So where I have a number of logins for a particular database on the same host, I can't easily see which is which, without going into each record, which is time-consuming.

I'm not sure how the 'extra' bit of information is selected on other record types. I tried reordering the fields for the database record (which I could only do on the iOS app) but that didn't make a difference, but the fields did change order on all other apps.

Can this extra info be added to database records in list views?
Can it be possible to choose what information is shown in this 'sub-title' section of the list views?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.3
OS Version: OSX 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @tim1! It's certainly something we can consider. I doubt we'd make it a user-selectable thing, since that would involve more work than we're likely to want to do for the small number of users who would want such a thing. In other Categories, this is a fixed value -- you can't select what appears in the "subtitle" field (as you called it). However, I'm a bit surprised; in my own copy of 1Password 7 for Mac, there is indeed a second field viewable in the list; it's the server field (in the second position in detail view). Is that not what you see when viewing the Severs category in the main 1Password app?

• tim1
    tim1
    Community Member

Hi Lars,
    Ahh... it's the server field that shows. I wasn't using that as it was part of the title for me. I was also confused as it looks like it is usually username (where that makes sense) everywhere else.
    Thanks... I'll see if I can make that work.
    Tim

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Lars, you are welcome @tim1!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.