Roboform Failed Import - How Do I Convert a Login to Another Catagory

Options

I have followed 1Password's instructions to import my Roboform account to 1Password.

However, the import has created all content as Logins. This is not correct.

How can i convert all the 'Logins' (that do not have a website so how can they be recognised as logins??) to Safe Notes or other categories?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Current
Extension Version: Current
OS Version: Win 10 1809
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MikhailCompo,

Am I right to understand that you followed the steps in this article on how to move your data from Roboform? If you did something different, please let us know.

It is not possible to change the category of your item in 1Password, so let's take a step back and check your .CSV file that you exported from Roboform and are trying to import to 1Password. Do you still have it? If you do, please open and compare it with our sample .CSV file that we have here. Does it look different? Thank you!

IMPORTANT: please do not attach that file in this forum or post any other sensitive info here. This is a public forum and everyone can see it.

Cheers,
    Greg

• MikhailCompo
    MikhailCompo
    Community Member
    Options

I followed your instructions which are not correct for the latest version of Roboform (the screenshot is also wrong).

Use that process exports all Logins, Bookmarks and Safe Notes to a single CSV file. That is what I have imported which has led to this issue.

Secondly, I also followed this guide https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/30286/mrcs-convert-to-1password-utility/p1?new=1 which is also not accurate and not working.

Mr C's guide explains that you should export your Logins and Bookmarks to a CSV and then Print List of the Safe Notes to an HTML file. The run the perl scripts on both files.

That process also does not work, the error coming from conver.pl is "File does not appear to be a Roboform CSV export"

So currently, you have no process that works. Please advise.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@MikhailCompo

Which version of RoboForm do you have?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Options

I've just posted an update to the converter suite. Please try the latest version. Ignore the thread you mention above, and follow this converter suite link.

Roboforum 8.5.9 (June 10th) modified the export format on Windows, and added the ability to export Safenotes into the CSV.

@MikhailCompo

$ perl convert.pl roboform -v _TestFiles/roboform/rf859_win_logins+safenotes.csv
    Imported 12 items
    Exported 3 note items
    Exported 9 login items
    Exported 12 total items
    You may now import the file /Users/MrC/Desktop/1P_import.1pif into 1Password

This discussion has been closed.