1Password for Families two factor/MFA unnecessarily prompting for authentication

Options

I turned on MFA the other day on my Mac. Now when I try logging into my Chromebook I am prompted to log into my 1Password for Families account as if it's my first login (i.e. no secret key entered). It then seems to hang on the two-factor step once I use my security key or authenticator app (tried both; bottom of the page says version 656). This turns out to be unnecessary as clicking on the 1Password icon in my browser it still logs in fine even if I don't log into the new login page. I can also log into my family account in the browser without issue and it does not prompt me for my MFA details.

1Password Version: 1.15.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password x mfa

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @brettcannon! Thanks for the detailed report. Would you mind removing and reinstalling 1Password X? We recently had an update that resolved a related issue with 2FA, so I'm curious if that'll be enough to reset things. If you're still seeing the same behavior after reinstalling, please let me know!

• brettcannon
    brettcannon
    Community Member
    Options

That seems to have done it! Thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Kaitlyn, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.