1Password extension for Edge not working many a times.

Abhijit
Abhijit
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

For me the below extension to Edge does not respond at all after clicking many a times. And once its stop responding it never resurrect again.

Please help. I am complete on Beta.

Thanks,
Abhijit

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Abhijit: Thanks for reaching out. Sorry for the trouble. Edge (the old one) is a bit temperamental. And since Microsoft is focused on their new Chromium-based Edge browser, I'd recommend using a different browser as that's not going to get any better. However, you should be able to get it working if it gets locked up (typically happens after being suspended, or when relaunching quickly) by quitting all 1Password and Edge processes. Wait ten seconds, and it should work again after relaunching. Let me know how it goes. :)

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

I take this as a known issue and proposed workaround.

Thanks for your suggestion of not using Edge and using different browser instead. I am already using chromium based Edge with 1Password.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Abhijit: For the old Edge, yes. Sorry if I you're using the new one and I misunderstood. Your screenshot looked like the old one, with the 1Password extension from the Microsoft Store. Which version number of Edge are you running currently?

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

You have not misunderstood Brenty and need not be sorry ever. It is old Edge only. I just shared with you that I am also using the new Edge too.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• New Edge is definitely a good bet, @Abhijit. I don't think I could have phrased it better than Brenty – the current version very much is temperamental. As he mentioned, most things are sorted by a slower, more deliberate restart of old Edge, but if you've got the new version on your PC, I'd definitely use it when you can. It's already such an improvement and I just can't wait for it to be released to everyone. :chuffed:

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

Thank you! :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@Abhijit: On behalf of Kate you are very welcome! :) We are always here, if you need us.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.