[Feature Req] Easily find nth character of password

Please let me start by saying that I love your product and use it religiously. I even have my 81 yr old father using it on his laptop and IOS devices. My feature request is to have the app help me with those annoying sites that ask for a few random characters of a password, e.g. 2nd, 4th & 7th characters. Now that I'm using outrageously complex passwords, I find these sites difficult to access as it can be hard to read my long passwords and count through to the requested characters. It would be nice to have some sort of pop-up helper to reveal the requested characters. As this is only required for a small number of sites, you may want to consider creating a unique class of login to support this feature. For example my password for XYZ Bank needs this feature, but it's not necessary for ABC Bank. Thank you in advance and please keep up the good work.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90 Chrome
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password Membership

Comments

• gazu
    gazu
    Community Member

@American_in_London there's an easy solution. Use the large type view and you'll see the corresponding numbers underneath.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @American_in_London,

I hope gazu's post was helpful. I can't think of anything to add and it's the answer I would have provided as well.

• Perfect, this is exactly what I need. Thanks to gazu for taking the time to show me how to use this feature. Brilliant.

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the help, @gazu! I'm glad this helps, @American_in_London. :) Hope you both have a great rest of your Sunday!

• krisellis
    krisellis
    Community Member

Hi all, is this feature also available in the mobile app?? Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@krisellis - what, Large Type? Yes.

• krisellis
    krisellis
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

Ah no, I know there’s the large type option, the whole numbering of each character in the app is what I’m referring to. Available in the desktop app, but I’m not sure how to enable it in the mobile app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@krisellis: Thank you for the clarification! The numbering is not available on iOS I am afraid, only Large Type is.

This discussion has been closed.