Password stored by Firefox, but not updated

Options
dawe
dawe
Community Member

Hello,

I just logged into a website for the first time. 1P kicked in and stored the password. Unfortunately I had a typo in the password.

Logging in now with the correct password does not trigger the password update.

I pretty sure this was working for other sites. Anything special related to 1P and Firefox to check or obey?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3 (70300019) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dawe
    dawe
    Community Member
    Options

Just deleted the password from 1P for testing. Now it does not even ask to store it again. Strange.

• dawe
    dawe
    Community Member
    Options

And the page is running with a self signed SSL sertificate. So I first have to accept the exception to browse the page. Might this be an issue for 1P?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dawe

And the page is running with a self signed SSL sertificate. So I first have to accept the exception to browse the page. Might this be an issue for 1P?

No. That's between you and the browser. If it's actually a phishing attempt that's using a spoofed site, then 1Password will not FILL a Login/Password saved for www.facebook.com into www.faacebook.com, for your protection, but saving an item is another matter.

Are you willing to share the URL of the site in question so we can confirm? There are a few sites that can still give 1Password trouble -- but it's a small number.

• dawe
    dawe
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars, the site is running locally under https://localhost:4434

So, this might not be too helpful. ;P The issue is the same for Chrome. So it seems to be somehow related to the page itself.

It's basically this [1] tool running on my machine in Docker. Maybe you can give it try to reproduce

[1] https://kiwitcms.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installing_docker.html

• Ben
    Options

@dawe

Before we go down that road... could you please try manually saving from the login page?

How to save a Login manually in your browser

Ben

• dawe
    dawe
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben, this works for creating new and updating. For updating I have to pick the item to update from the list as I have some entries for localhost with different ports.

Somehow I was not aware of that method for manual saving, as I never really had issues. But good to know as a workaround.

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear that seems to work. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.