1Password extension not working in Chrome

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Browser button does NOTHING.

Comments

• zerolight
    zerolight
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue, only in Chrome on Mac. Safari is fine. I've restarted Mac and reinstalled the extension. Didn't help. When I click on the browser button the 1Password dialog doesn't appear, though the main 1Password app appears and disappears quickly.

• zerolight
    zerolight
    Community Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

Actually, after last update it doesn't work in Safari, Chrome, or the top menu bar. Have to manually open the app.

edit: fixed my problem. restarting mac didn't help, restarting one password didn't help, using the help menu to restart the helper didn' help. What worked was right clicking on the top menu button and choosing quit 1Password completely. Then restarting 1Password.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@zerolight - I've moved your posts to their own thread since your issue wasn't directly related to what was in the original thread; hope that's OK. Thanks for the update; that's excellent news! I’d like to be able to say I’m glad I helped you get things squared away, but since you appear to have solved the problem by yourself, I can’t hardly claim any credit for it. :-) However, around here, we’ve learned to call a win a win whether we had a hand in it or not, and that was indeed the solution.

So, congratulations! Keep an eye on things and please let us know if there's anything further we can do to assist you. Otherwise, have a great rest of your week, and thanks for being a 1Password user!

• zerolight
    zerolight
    Community Member
    Options

I figured it was potentially the same issue since its the same symptoms. Thought he might want to try my solution.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.