How can I distinguish between my AWS and Amazon passwords on iOS AutoFill Passwords?

Options
vidgizmo
vidgizmo
Community Member

When I select passwords from the iOS screen for an amazon.com site, I get both my AWS login and my Amazon.com login and iOS just shows them both as amazon.com. I can't tell which one is for AWS and which one for Amazon.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: iOS 12.3.1
Sync Type: 1Password Account
Referrer: forum-search:How can I distinguish between my AWS and Amazon passwords on iOS AutoFill Passwords?

Comments

• nesl247
    nesl247
    Community Member
    Options

This affects me as well.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vidgizmo! Welcome to the forum!

Because both websites are on the amazon.com domain, 1Password will show both. So I think the quickest way to make this easier is to change the item title for one of the two items, perhaps by adding "AWS" to the AWS login.

• vidgizmo
    vidgizmo
    Community Member
    Options

The titles are different in 1Password, but when iOS shows the titles to pick from it only shows the short domain (amazon.com) and userID/email. I will share pictures shortly.

• vidgizmo
    vidgizmo
    Community Member
    Options

Here are three images.

• One showing the titles in 1Password
    • One showing the initial offer that iOS gives. It shows only amazon.com and my email - it is actually the AWS one
    • One showing the three listed if I click the key that shows all of the 1Password options in iOS
    • To be clear, I do not have any other password filling options enabled on iOS, only 1Password

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vidgizmo: Thanks for clarifying. It's not something we have control over though. The presentation of iOS Password Autofill is handled solely by the OS. If you tap "1Password..." at the bottom though, that will show you the item titles in 1Password, and you can also view all of their details there by swiping the item left.

This discussion has been closed.