Can't find 1Password for Android on Google Play Store when using Galaxy Tab A

roadpilot
roadpilot
Community Member

I did a factory reset on my Galaxy Tab A (SM-T550). It's running Android v7.1.1. When I go to the Play Store, I can't find the 1Password for Android app. If I do it from my Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus phone, I see it just fine. Also, while on my Tab A, I followed the "Download our apps and browser extension" from the 1Password.com page and then clicked the button "Download 1Password for Android", it redirected to the Play Store but immediately said "Item not found."

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 7.1.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't find 1password for android on google play store

Comments

• Hi @roadpilot. Can you please go to your device settings and tap Apps > Google Play Store > Storage, and tap Clear Cache? Are you able to find 1Password in the Play Store after?

• roadpilot
    roadpilot
    Community Member

Did that already (per another post that I found). No change.

Again, I did a complete factory reset on the device and then the first thing I tried was to install 1Password for Android.

• Mica
    Mica
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry to hear that clearing the cache didn't work out. Whenever you're able to, could you go to this page on a desktop/laptop, and sign in to your Google account that's connected to your Galaxy Tab A?

Please let us know whether you're able to see the 1Password for Android app when on a desktop machine, and if you can (or cant't) remotely install it to your Galaxy Tab A.

If this doesn't help, I'd also like to ask you to take a look at your display settings and see if you are able to follow these steps:
    1. Open the Settings app on your Galaxy Tab A
    2. Go into Display and change the resolution to WQHD
    3. Navigate back to Apps > Google Play Store > Storage
    4. Tap Clear Data
    5. Restart your Galaxy Tab A
    (There's more about this issue here, as well.)

• roadpilot
    roadpilot
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

Under Settings/Display, I do not see anywhere to change the resolution.

And I'm not getting an incompatibility error. It's just not there.

• @roadpilot I don't have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A, so I'm not exactly sure how to reach its display settings. Do you have any settings related to display size that you're able to change?

Also, were you able to try installing remotely from from another device as Mica suggested?

• roadpilot
    roadpilot
    Community Member

I let all 30 some apps update (recall I did a factory reset). Once I did that, I was able to finally see 1Password for Android on the Play store and install it. Thx.

• I'm glad to hear that! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.