Can't Empty Trash

mattpwc
mattpwc
Community Member

I have 878 items in the trash and when I right click on the trash (Windows app), I choose "Empty Trash." It asks me "Are you sure you want to empty trash" and I choose "Yes." However, the trash never empties and I've now been waiting over 15 minutes. I've repeated the process and still same issue. I then went to my browser and logged into my 1P account I notice my trash shows empty but my Windows app still shows 878 items. I then closed and reopened my Windows app (clicking the X in the corner) and the trash still indicates 878 items. Only when I actually chose "Exit" from the Windows app and reopened the app did it actually show the trash was empty. You might want to address this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• isha_ag
    isha_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey mattpwc, thank you for writing in with this bug report! This is a known issue, your trash did empty it but we're missing refreshing the UI. We'll fix that soon!

• jwhoelter
    jwhoelter
    Community Member

Hello, I'm having this same problem. Running 1Password v7.3.684 on Windows 10 (via 1password.com). When will this be fixed? Or maybe my problem is different?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jwhoelter: If you quit 1Password completely from the notification tray icon, you should be all set, but we'll get the UI glitch fixed. :)

• Mindful
    Mindful
    Community Member

Hi, Same problem here. Any idea when the fix will be ready? I've seen comments on this since at least January. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mindful! Welcome to the forum! :)

Just for confirmation, are you also running 1Password for Windows version 7.3.684?

Thank you!

• Mindful
    Mindful
    Community Member

Hi ag_ana. Thanks for the welcome. Good to be here!

Yes. I'm running 7.3.684 latest. Also latest version of Windows 10 Home, 1803.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the confirmation @Mindful! We don't have a timeline to share at this moment, but we are aware of this and will get this fixed ;)

• Transient
    Transient
    Community Member

It looks like this is still a problem as of June 28th. Latest version is still 7.3.684.

It seems kind of crazy that you haven't fixed this yet! I sure hope it's not normal to leave bugs hanging around for months on end. I realize this is a minor bug, but it gives a bad impression (to me anyway).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I hear you. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. It will be fixed in an update, but a graphical glitch has to be lower priority than things like crashes -- and we need to test everything thoroughly before rolling out an update. Thanks for your patience.

• johnecallan
    johnecallan
    Community Member

Its Aug 5 now and I still see this Empty trash function not working in version 7.3.684. Also, there does not appear to be a "remove duplicates" function like is being often mentioned in the mac version. I have to say that I was using 1password version 4 for several years using Dropbox sync and a family license, and it worked flawlessly. Now it is super slow and buggy, and doesn't seem worth the $60 annual family membership. I am thinking of (reluctantly) just moving to another password manager if this is not working by the time the one month trial is over in september.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @johnecallan! Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. Please reach out to us via email at support+forum@agilebits.com so our sales team can see if there is a possibility to extend the trial for you.

• Darryl74
    Darryl74
    Community Member

Can't empty trash report has been reported since Feb. 21, 2019. Today is October 15, 2019. I have the same problem as described in initial report. How can you let this be unresolved for 235 days? Is it even on your radar? Why is it taking so long?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2019

Hi @Darryl74

Why is it taking so long?

The difficulty is the number of hours in the day, vs the number of items on the to-do list. I wish I had a better answer to share. Hopefully we can get this fixed up soon.

Ben

ref: opw/opw#1121

• KjellO
    KjellO
    Community Member

Still a problem for me. Must restart 1Password for it to take effect and it is annoying. Can i trust 1Password?
    Windows 10 Pro Swedish 1903, 7.3.712

• I'm sorry for the trouble, @KjellO. The latest information available is what I posted 2 days ago, above.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.