Convenient way to store keys?

pb59ma
pb59ma
Community Member

Hey,

I'm currently trying to figure out, if there is a good way to store keys like SSH or GPG in 1password.
Unfortunately there isn't a category to store keys, which I really wonder about because there is even a category to store hunting licenses? :|
If I'm just putting it in a custom text field, all the new lines are gone after copying it out there again, which is not very convenient.
So is there any good way to keep keys in 1password?

I have another question, not really concerning the above topic, but I will ask it anyway: Is there a way to rearrange the order of the fields? It would be often really useful, as I sometimes need to put in an additional field, which otherwise is always the last field in the whole list.

Best regards

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pb59ma: "Outdoor Licenses" are a long-running joke at this point. The only thing I can say in their defense in 2019 is that, per capita, Canadians have way more of those than they do GPG keys. :tongue: But that's a prime example of why we're no longer adding new categories: everyone thinks something different is a "must have", and it's just not going to be feasible for us to add all of them and update 7+ apps accordingly each time there's a new one requested. So what we're hoping to do instead is make it possible for users to create their own custom categories in the future. That's potentially a lot more work, and more complicated, but it scales better long-term. In the mean time, Secure Notes with custom fields offer a lot of flexibility, so most people just use those. Fields which are part of the default template cannot be rearranged, as those are all hard-coded; but custom fields can be reordered. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.