Search issues in 1Password 7 for Mac

This discussion was created from comments split from: Search not working properly.

Comments

• b4567
    b4567
    Community Member

Perhaps I can elaborate for this user as I am having similar trouble. I just switched to 1Password 7 from an older version. In the older version it was great and I loved it. I could search in either 1 password mini or 1 Password for "gmail" and all of my gmail accounts would be listed and nothing else because it only searched the title. Now in the new version when I search "gmail" I get every account that has gmail in the username - which is many since so many logins use your email address. They are listed in some strange order so I get a few gmail accounts and then a bunch of other logins then a few more gmail accounts. It gives me 218 items to search through to find the gmail account I want the password for. That is not an effective search. I tried limiting my search to just the title but as you have stated in other posts the title search also searches the username - WHY? You have an option to search the username. The title should only search the title as it is labeled. Clearly if there is not a way to refine this I will be switching to a more user friendly program. I used to love 1Password and spread the word to others, but now I find it impossible to use effectively. If you want us to use this you need to find a way to allow users to quickly search for things they look for frequently. From the responses I've seen in the forum it appears you have no idea how many of your users use the program or what the user needs are. Robust searches are great when you need them, but few people need such a robust search every time they use the program.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @b4567! I've moved your post into its own top-level thread, since the most-recent reply prior to yours in that other thread is almost two years old. Hope that's OK.

Try using 1Password 7 for Mac's new ⌘K (cmd + k) Quick Open shortcut, see if that helps restore the kind of title-based search you're looking for. :)

• b4567
    b4567
    Community Member

That was not even close. It just seems to give me the same list as if I search for the title only it is in a smaller scroll box over the other window. I guess I just don't understand why you don't have an option to search just the title. You have so many options to search for things that give tons of results but I can't seem to find a way to simply narrow the results down. It seems that in your efforts to make the new version "better" you have added so much complexity that it is much less user friendly. If I'm missing something I'd love to know how to do this because I used to love 1 Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@b4567: You can:

But the vast majority of people do not search based on title alone, so that has never been the default behaviour and we're not going to make it that way. Almost anyone else would have trouble finding things they always could before. Sorry.

This discussion has been closed.