1Password's built-in web browser on iPhone

Options
scotty321
scotty321
Community Member
edited May 2018 in iOS

We have discovered a problem with 1Password 7.0.6 on iOS 11.3.1.

We launched the 1Password app on our iPhone, then we went to one of our logins. We opened up that login's website using 1Password's built-in web browser. (We did this by tapping on the website URL within the login.)

We were using the website just fine, but then we had to tap on the "Done" button to get back to 1Password to quickly look something up that the website was requesting from us.

But lo and behold, once you leave the web browser, you can't get back to it again! You can't get back to where you just came from!

Sure, you can tap on the website URL within a login to go back to the web browser, but that STARTS YOU ALL OVER AGAIN!

We wanted to get back to exactly the same web page that we were just on, because we were filling out a form on that web page!

But alas, 1Password's built-in web browser won't let you go back to where you just came from!

Is there a way for you guys to fix this?

Thanks,
Scott

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.3.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi Scott,

We really highly recommend using the 1Password extension in Safari over 1Browser (the browser built into 1Password):

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Basically the only reason 1Browser still exists is because it can do “Go & Fill,” which the Safari extension cannot. That said, there is actually a way to do what you’re asking for. If you press and hold on the tab bar at the bottom of 1Password (favorites, categories, etc) that’ll bring 1Browser up in its last state.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Ben
    Options

You’re very welcome. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

Until today, when I found this thread, I too was unaware if this hidden feature. I’ll definitely be using it!

I’m a bit surprised to hear 1Browser is considered a marginal feature in your view. For me, on iOS, it’s the primary way I use 1Password, notwithstanding the excellent (but relatively recent) password integration with iOS Safari. Perhaps it’s an artefact of how long I’ve used 1Password, long before Apple enabled Safari integration. But I find it darned convenient!

P.S. On Mac, I mostly launch Web sites using the browser integration. So this is an iOS thing for me.

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    Options

Subsequently, I found this extended discussion of the pros and cons of 1Browser, and the hidden long press:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/81989/where-is-1browser-5-or-long-press-on-bottom-of-screen/p1

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for letting us know your thoughts about 1Browser @ings! We do believe that AutoFill is the optimal way to use 1Password at the moment, so we recommend using that whenever possible :)

This discussion has been closed.