774 duplicates after installing 1PW v7.3 on Win10

mb9
mb9
Community Member

version: 7.3.684
O/S: Win10 Enterprise
Qty of Vaults: 1 - Personal (no others)

Don't ask me how, but installing 1Password on my PC just duplicated a large number of entries on my account. I have no active vaults on my PC and am using my 1Password "personal" account to store all of my entries - I see one vault named "Personal"

• I do not have the time to remove 774 duplicates entries ("items") from this vault.
  • I am running a Windows version of 1Password so there's no Help >> Tools >> Remove duplicates feature
  • How is this possible to do without providing some form of rollback feature to undo this mess?

Can I get a solution to resolve this without going through each entry? Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: prev Dropbox - now 1Password?

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2019

Hi @mb9,

Thank you for getting in touch! I am sorry for the troubles.

I am not sure what happened and how you ended up with duplicates in your vault. Is it possible that you migrated your data twice on two different devices? Could you please tell me how did you migrate/import your data to your account? It will be really helpful.

As for the question at hand:

I am running a Windows version of 1Password so there's no Help >> Tools >> Remove duplicates feature

This is feature is not implemented in 1Password 7 for Windows yet. If you migrated your data from an existing local vault, we can try to delete all items in your account now and then import your data from scratch. Please let me know if you still have your old .agilekeychain or .opvault vaults on your computer. Thank you!

++
    Greg

ref: PVR-48323-918

• Fruggles
    Fruggles
    Community Member

I'd like to point out I have/had a similar (exact same?) problem.

I logged into Device #2 today after updating to 7.3 on Device #1 yesterday, and I didn't see any of my passwords. I looked in the trash, and voila, they were all there. I restored them, updated to 7.3, and voila I now have twice as many credential entries as I did previously.

Unfortunately, 99.9% of these are just imported credentials, so 'remove duplicate generated passwords' is going to be precisely 0 help.

Cool update though, team.

I guess.

• Is it possible you have more than one vault on that second device, @Fruggles? Trying pressing Ctrl + D and if you see more than one vault, select just one of those vaults and let me know if you still see duplicates. :+1:

• Fruggles
    Fruggles
    Community Member

Of course I have more than one vault, how is that relevant to the entirety of my collection (regardless of vault) now existing in duplicate form?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Fruggles: If you copied your data from the Dropbox vault into a 1Password membership account, but you still have both in the app, you'll have exactly two of everything -- "duplicates" -- which is why it's recommended to remove the old vault after migrating:

Set up your other devices

That's why Kate asked the question.

• romapad
    romapad
    Community Member

This is feature is not implemented in 1Password 7 for Windows yet.

• Hi! Is there any est date when this option will be available on Windows? Reall need it
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@romapad: It's impossible to say. There are a lot of other things we're working on in the Windows app currently, and many more that would help a greater number of users which therefore also need to be prioritized.

If you've just got "duplicates" because you didn't remove the old vault when copying everything to a new one, getting rid of the old vault will do the trick. On the other hand, if you did actually import the same data multiple times, you can use the import tag to select all from one "batch" and delete them.

• romapad
    romapad
    Community Member

Thanks! I understand what you are saing. Is there any roadmap of what options you are working on for Windows app? With voting - that's would be great!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@romapad: There is not. Roadmaps and estimated release windows often change. But if you participate in the beta you'll be among the first to see all the new stuff:

Use 1Password beta releases

And then you can provide feedback while it's being developed. Cheers! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@spinoza: If the only difference is the UUID, they will be identified as duplicates. But 1Password isn't going to make any judgement calls about items whose details are different, even in a small way, and mark them as duplicate. It has no way of knowing if the differences are ones the user does or does not care about.

Removing the imported file en masse does not help, because some of the passwords from that file are keepers.

What did you do exactly?

This discussion has been closed.