How do I find the current capabilities of tags across the platforms?

dmatkinson
dmatkinson
Community Member

I am currently evaluating 1password over Lastpass. One feature I need is tagging. I can't find a complete current feature set of tags. It looks like there is NO capabilities to start typing a tag and have the list of tags appear that are spelled the same. I tried entering two tags...Business and business. It gave me two different tags. I want to be able to see the choices I have as I'm entering the tag so I can keep them categorized correctly. Is not a current feature>

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:current features of tags

Comments

• Hi @dmatkinson

Which platform(s) are you using 1Password on? What you've described is how it currently is on iOS, but we are hoping to release a revamped tagging interface there. We had it in beta but unfortunately it won't be able to make it into the 7.3.3 release as it still needs some work before we can ship it.

Ben

ref: apple-3455

• dmatkinson
    dmatkinson
    Community Member

It doesn't work in iOS or windows. I'm running version 7.3.2 on iOS.

• Thanks @dmatkinson. I outlined the situation with iOS above, so I hope that helps there. As for Windows... I'm going to see if one of my colleagues who works more closely with that platform can chime in. Thanks!

Ben

• dmatkinson
    dmatkinson
    Community Member

Ben I'm not sure I understand your response on iOS? It would be helpful to know how it is intended to work. I'll give you an example... I have a tag labeled "Condo" and another one labeled "Car" and another labeled "Colleges". If I started entering a a letter "c", I would see the list show up with Car, Colleges, Condo appearing. Then I can select the one I wanted or continue to type more letters such "credit cards" and a new one would be created.

Is this the way the tag feature works in iOS? I'm hoping this is the way it will work under windows!

Dennis

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2019

@dmatkinson

Sorry my message was not clear. At present it does not work that way on iOS. Right now you have to type the entire tag, and type it exactly the same as the existing tag, to avoid creating a new tag. We are in the process of working on improvements. They aren't going to make it into the next update, but hopefully they'll be available soon after.

Ben

• dmatkinson
    dmatkinson
    Community Member

OK. Do you use agile development methodolgy for your work? If so do you have a roadmap for planned features that you can share?

Dennis

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@dmatkinson:

Right now, tags are case sensitive, but you are able to see the list of the existing tags (and tag auto-completion) in 1Password 7 for Windows:

Please give it a try and let us know how it works for you. As for your question about roadmap, we try not to disclose any roadmaps or provide any timeframes. There might be some obstacles during the development, so we don't want to give any promises that we won't deliver on.

If you have any other questions, we are always here for you. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• If so do you have a roadmap for planned features that you can share?

We do not have a publicly available roadmap.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.