Search text being replaced on first launch

Options
mustdobetter
mustdobetter
Community Member

Let me start off my saying that I'm a long time 1password user, both personal and for my business. I love the software and am glad to see it continually going from strength to strength.

One small but constant frustration I have with the Mac app is that when I first open it, press Cmd-F to search and start typing, after about a second the application catches up, and for some reason selects all the text in the search field, meaning whilst I continue typing I'm overwriting the text I started with, forcing me to start again. I don't know why the app has been designed to do this, and I appreciate I'm probably quicker than most, but I'm sure I'm not the only user with this issue and I would hope that it was easy to fix.

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.5
Sync Type: 1password teams

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mustdobetter! Welcome to the forum and thank you for the kind words :)

I have just tried reproducing this in my 1Password app, and the search field behaved properly here, nothing was overwritten as I was typing.

Are you able to consistently reproduce this?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I've reported this several times. It was fixed once, and now its broken again. I can't find the thread, but will search again for it later.

Its easy to reproduce, and I trigger the issue many times a day.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @MrC. I was able to find the issue associated with that. Hopefully we can get it fixed up.

Ben

ref: apple-1677

• Ben
    Options

I spoke with our development and QA teams. We're able to confirm the behavior described here. So that is good news. The bad news is that it isn't a simple or quick fix. Fixing it will require rethinking how 1Password handles selection. That'll be a big job.

Ben

• mustdobetter
    mustdobetter
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks everyone for your replies and input. @Ben, I'm sorry to hear that this is a thorny issue. Can you tell me if this is now in your backlog, and do you have any idea when it's likely to be fixed? Whilst I appreciate this is probably not going to make it into a 7.3.x release, maybe 7.4?

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mustdobetter:

We do have an issue open in our system, so we are tracking it for sure. We do not have an ETA for it however, but I can tell you that it's very likely that, if this ever sees the light, it won't be in 7.3.x or 7.4 I am afraid - looking at the current to-do list and at the complexity of this issue :(

This discussion has been closed.