Marriott.com never lets me log in with 1PX auto fill - need to copy and paste manually

Hi everyone,

Every time I try to log in to Marriott.com, it always returns the error in the image below. This also happens on my iPhone XS, Chrome Browser (Chrome OS or Mac).

I notice that the only way I can log into Marriott.com is to copy my username and password manually and paste them in to the forms.

If I autofill, I can sucessfully log in by deleting the last character of both the username and the password and inputting it manually. This makes me believe that Marriott.com has some anti text injection mechanism in place. Does anyone else have this issue?

Chrome Browser 74.0.3729.159

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.16.4
OS Version: Chrome OS
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:marriott

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kchengg1,

Without disclosing too much can you tell me how long is the password stored in your Login item and does it contain any symbols? I've tried to recreate the issue you're experiencing but I was able to successfully sign in after creating a dummy account. What I found though is the site has certain password restrictions, notably a password must be between 8 and 20 characters long and no symbols. We know from other examples that sometimes a site will sanitise something that is copy and pasted but won't when 1Password fills given 1Password is setting the stored value of the field directly. If your password seems to be outside of these limits do you find things work better if you change your password to something simple enough to be allowed by this site?

• kchengg1
    kchengg1
    Community Member

Previous password had 20 characters, bumped it down a few characters and reduced the # of symbols and now it works. Thanks!!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kchengg1 - excellent! On behalf of littlebobbytables, you're quite welcome -- glad he was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.