1password plugin not working with Firefox 67.0.4

I've been using 1password plugin with firefox on a Windows 7 desktop for some time, through various upgrades. I updated to Firefox 67.0.4 and the plugin no longer works. I have all latest patches for Windows install. A reboot doesn't solve the problem. The current plugin for Chrome works just fine, but Firefox is the browser of choice.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 67.0.4
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JMcCorison: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! I'm not able to reproduce that here in Firefox and haven't seen other reports like this, so I'm not sure what's going on. Do you have "security" software or extensions installed which may be interfering? Anything that prevents 1Password from verifying the identity of the browser will result in the connection being rejected, as it's not secure. Let me know what you find.

• JMcCorison
    JMcCorison
    Community Member

The problem is on my work pc so I had to wait until today to pursue it further. Besides 1Password, I'm running Facebook Container, Firefox Multi-Account Container, and uBlock Origin. I disabled all extensions except 1Password and that doesn't help. When FF is started the 1Password icon is initially black, but then quickly changes to grey.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JMcCorison: No worries. Thanks for the additional info. That indicates that 1Password cannot establish a secure connection to the browser. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your device, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@1password.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#UGE-68216-833]

If you’re reading this and you are not JMcCorison, this Support ID is for JMcCorison only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link it to our current conversation. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: UGE-68216-833

• JMcCorison
    JMcCorison
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty. Will do later tomorrow. I've got some network upgrades to complete before I can get to this. I appreciate the support.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. Hopefully it all goes smoothly! :)

This discussion has been closed.