1password extension in firefox grayed out

Options

Today I tried to use 1PW in Firefox 66.0.4 64bit and saw that the extension ist grayed out. I looked in the browser settings in the 1PW App (Version 7.3.684) and it shows that the extension in Chrome is paired but in Firefox it's disconnected. I removed the entry for Firefox in 1pW 7 and uninstalled the extension in Firefox. After that I reinstalled the extension (4.7.5.90) with the same effect besides that now in 1PW 7 only Chrome is listed in the browser settings. I restarted the computer but still no effect. I saw that while firefox is starting the 1pw extension icon in firefox is active but 1 or 2 seconds later it's grayed out.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Win 10 64bit Ver 1803 Build 17134.648
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:firefox

Comments

• Your Firefox is a version behind mine, @Dieter59 – I'm on 67.0.4 – is it possible you've got an update pending? The extension will disable when an update needs to be applied. Try manually checking for updates. Click the hamburger menu in Firefox, then choose Help > About Firefox. If updates are available, they will be automatically downloaded and you'll be prompted to restart Firefox. Let me know what you find. :+1:

• wbullaughey
    wbullaughey
    Community Member
    Options

I was having problems with 1Password in Firefox so I uninstalled it and accidentally installed 1Password X which I don't like as well as the non-X version so I uninstalled X and reinstalled the non-x but now the Icon on the tool bar is grayed out. My Firefox is up to date. I can't see why its grayed out.

• Without some basic information about your setup, @wbullaughey, it's difficult to provide any additional suggestions. To start, what version of 1Password are you using, for example, and on what operating system? From there, I'll be better equipped to help out. Thanks!

• wbullaughey
    wbullaughey
    Community Member
    Options

Windows 7

• I'm sorry, @wbullaughey, we have a 1Password 7, but there's also a Windows 7 so I'm not sure which you're referring to here. Are you using Windows 7? If so, what's your 1Password version? If you're using 1Password 7, could you let me know if you're on Windows 7 or 10? There are some issues with this specific to Windows 7, so it's actually an important distinction. Sorry again. I know this stuff is kind of a pain, but it really does help. Thanks. :blush:

• wbullaughey
    wbullaughey
    Community Member
    Options

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
    Firefox 67.0.4 (64-bit)
    1Password extension for Firefox 4.7.5.90
    1Passowrd application 7.3.684

• Dieter59
    Dieter59
    Community Member
    Options

In our company we redirect the update channel to our local update server. That's the reason my Firefox told me to be up to date. After updating our local update channel and upgrading to 67.0.4 everything works fine again. Thanks a lot for your assistance :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019
    Options

Hi @wbullaughey, I sent you a separate email regarding this issue, please check your inbox. :) Thanks!

@dieter59: thank you for the update! I am glad to hear that you've figured it out. Hopefully, we will be able to help wbullaughey with a similar issue. If you ever have other questions about 1Password, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thanks!

++
    Greg

ref: CZS-23964-879

This discussion has been closed.