I get a yellow background when 1P fills items in iOS,

jwragg
jwragg
Community Member

for a long time now (always using the latest version of 1P and iOS (not-beta) when I use use autofill, I get a yellow background when it fills, and unless I go to each entry, backspace once, and replace the last character, whereupon the background changes from yellow to white, it considers the entry invalid.

1Password Version: 7.3.3 (and prior)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.3.1 (and prior)
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:yellow background on fill

Comments

• @jwragg

Which website is this happening on? It sounds like the site may be checking if you're typing into the fields, which is not a great security practice. Autofill wouldn't be able to pass that kind of check.

Ben

• jwragg
    jwragg
    Community Member

What you say makes sense. It is very widespread, seems almost universal for my uses, which must be limited compared to the 1P user base. I’ll make a list and get back to you.

• Sounds like a plan. Thanks!

Ben

• jwragg
    jwragg
    Community Member

Two recent examples —
    account.t-mobile.com/
    my.cofc.edu

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019

@jwragg: Do you mean the username and password fields turn a pale yellow after filling? If so, that's just iOS Password Autofill. It's how Apple's designed it to work, and not something we have any control over -- or a strong opinion on. :lol:

However, if the website is not accepting the input until you manually edit it, that's a completely separate issue. I don't know why some do this, and you'd need to take it up with them if you'd like it changed.

• jwragg
    jwragg
    Community Member

The website does not accept it until I manually edit.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jwragg:

Does the website accept the password if you copy and paste it manually from the 1Password app?

This discussion has been closed.