Sync latency is very high (> 5 hours). I don't find a way to force sync..

Options
mjs9876543210
mjs9876543210
Community Member

Hi -

Sync latency is very high.

e.g. I created and edited some Secure Notes on my Mac 5+ hours ago that still do not appear on my phone or the Web interface. e.g. I created a test Secure Note on my phone about 1 hour ago and it does not appear on my mac or the Web interface.

This seems to resolve eventually, but the latency is a real issue.

I have not found a way to force sync. I have tried quitting and restarting the Mac app multiple times - it doesn't make any visible difference.

If there's something I can try, or a reasonable way to force sync I'd really appreciate knowing about it.

I'm using Mac and iPhone, and I'm using 1password's sync service.

Thanks,
Mike

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X Mojave
Sync Type: 1password
Referrer: forum-search:sync

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @mjs9876543210! You should be able to initiate a sync by locking and unlocking 1Password for Mac. You also shouldn't need to; in my own setup, items changed/added/deleted appear virtually instantaneously on my other devices. That make me suspect there's something unusual about either the local setup of one or more of your devices, or your network setup (or both). Do you have network filters/AV software or other such programs running at either the device or network level which might interfere with normal sync operations?

• mjs9876543210
    mjs9876543210
    Community Member
    Options

Support has found something fishy in the diagnostics. There are no network filters or AV that could be causing this. In contrast to 1password Apple Notes, Dropbox and Google Drive all sync in well less than 1 minute.

• Ben
    Options

If you've already got a conversation going with us by email let's continue there to avoid duplicating efforts. Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.