Upgrading to 1Password 7

This discussion was created from comments split from: Please explain the upgrade to v7.

Comments

• kohls
    kohls
    Community Member

Do I understand correctly that 1Password 6 will no longer be updated and in order to get 1Password 7, I either have to get a subscription or buy another license? And if I do buy a license for 1Password 7, will it continue to be updated?

• Hi @kohls

Do I understand correctly that 1Password 6 will no longer be updated

Yes, that's correct.

and in order to get 1Password 7, I either have to get a subscription or buy another license?

Those would be the options for upgrading to v7, yes. We're no longer advertising licenses, though. Membership is going to provide the best experience and is the way forward.

And if I do buy a license for 1Password 7, will it continue to be updated?

Licenses are for a particular version (e.g. 1Password 7 for Mac). They do not include upgrades. If you'd like an option that does include upgrades membership is the way to go.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• kohls
    kohls
    Community Member

Thank you for your response. If I download 1Password 7 from the app store, will I be prompted to get a subscription, or should I sign up for the subscription online first?

• You're very welcome. :+1: I personally recommend signing up through the website on a computer that has access to a printer. The reason for that is you'll be given an opportunity that way to print your Emergency Kit, which is an incredibly handy document:

Get to know your Emergency Kit

If you do not own a printer then signing up in the app will also work, and you can print the Emergency Kit at a later time. Please do not use a public computer to sign up or access your account. :)

Ben

• kohls
    kohls
    Community Member

OK. Thanks.

• Any time. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.