Unable to join Family Account, Don't want to make a new account with over 450 passwords.

KensonPlays
KensonPlays
Community Member

So, my father has a family account (I think he still does, may have cancelled it since we couldn't get it working 3 weeks ago), and I have an individual account. I do not want to have to log into another account to move my 450+ passwords over.

I've tried exporting from my personal to the family account, but for some reason it never exports in the proper format. I've tried the W10 app and the Edge (Chromium) extension.

I have no idea what's going on.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 (1903), Android 9.0
Sync Type: 1password
Referrer: forum-search:Unable to join Family Account, Don't want to make a new account with over 450 passwords.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @KensonPlays! Welcome to the forum!

I do not want to have to log into another account to move my 450+ passwords over.

You will have to do this at least once though, otherwise you will not be able to move anything to a new account, and everything will remain where it is.

There is a quicker way to migrate your existing passwords to a different 1Password account though:

1. Add both 1Password accounts to the same 1Password app
    2. Move items from your Individual account to your Families account
    3. Optionally, you can delete your Individual account after the migration if you don't want to keep using both
  • KensonPlays
    KensonPlays
    Community Member

Unfortunately he's busy with construction next week or so. May have to sub on my own instead.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Moving items is just a few clicks -- both easier and safer than doing some export/import dance -- so I'd definitely recommend that. In order to move them between accounts, you just need to be signed into both in the app. If you have any questions, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.