To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Seeking Clarity: Are IPW7 for Mac subscription and iOS subscription two different things/prices?

ggblk123
ggblk123
Community Member
edited July 2019 in Memberships

I purchased a 1PW7 subscription on my mac for $2.99/mo. Upon signing in to the iOS version, I'm being prompted to subscribe again, this time for $3.99/mo. What am I missing? Am I being asked to pay $5.99/mo to have full access to my passwords across these platforms?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ggblk123!

If you subscribed already, you do not need a second subscription ;) One subscription covers every device you are using 1Password on.

When you launch the 1Password app on your iOS device for the first time, all you need to do is add your 1Password account to the app to unlock all functionality, without needing to subscribe again :)

• ggblk123
    ggblk123
    Community Member

Thanks. It'd be great if this were reflected in the iOS app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ggblk123: Do you mean that you would like to see a message in the app explaining that you do not need a second subscription for your iOS device?

• ggblk123
    ggblk123
    Community Member

Yes, exactly. While I'm fairly tech savvy, being prompted to initiate a separate subscription, combined with QR codes, setup codes, and secret keys, vault copying, etc., started to blur together. It'd be great to simply get a "You're all set!" message.

• @ggblk123

If you are signed into the same iCloud account on all of your devices and have iCloud Keychain turned on 1Password can use that to share your account information (except Master Password) between them. Then when you select the 1Password.com option under "Already using 1Password?" on the welcome screen you'd just select your account from a listing and enter your Master Password.

Beyond what we're already doing with that I'm not sure how we could implement such a thing? How would your iPhone know that you've already established a subscription on your Mac, for example?

Ben

• ggblk123
    ggblk123
    Community Member
    edited July 2019

How you could implement all that isn't a question I can answer. I'm a user. I'm simply giving you (long time and loyal) customer feedback. As a user, my concern is about interface I see on my end.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ggblk123 - we appreciate the feedback, and we're not asking you to solve problems for us or have an answer in your back pocket. I think Ben was merely wondering how such a thing would even be accomplished? Either way, we appreciate the suggestion, as well as you being a long-time user! :)

This discussion has been closed.