Clicking on website URL won't open new browser window

billj
billj
Community Member

In 7.3.1, I noticed that if Chrome (my default browser) is running but no browser window is open, if I click on the URL in the website field in a 1Password Mac item, nothing happens: a new Chrome window is not opened. If a Chrome window is already open when I do this, a new Window (well, tab) is created with the URL loaded. Or if Chrome is not running, then Chrome will be launched and a window opened with the URL loaded.

The behavior only occurs if Chrome is running but no browser window is open.

I recall posting about a similar issue quite some time ago. It was fixed. Is it back for an encore?

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90 Chrome
OS Version: macOS 10.14.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019

Hi @billj!

Thank you for reporting this. Our developers are aware of this behavior, we have an internal issue open to track this :)

ref: apple-3972

• billj
    billj
    Community Member

In Mac 7.3.2, this behavior appears to have been modified but not eliminated. Now, if Chrome (my default browser) is running but no browser window is open, and I click on the website address in 1Password, 1Password "mini" opens. If a Chrome browser window is open, 1Password behaves normally.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@billj:

Indeed, we are still working on this. Keep an eye out on the release notes and thank you for your patience while we get to the bottom of this!

• billj
    billj
    Community Member

@ag_ana
    Thank you. Sounds good. By the way, the behavior I described continues to happen on my Late 2013 15-inch MacBook Pro. But it does not occur on a similarly configured 2014 15-inch MacBook Pro running the same system and much of the same software. Bizarre. Good luck getting to the bottom of this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That is odd. We'll see if we can work around this browser behaviour to make it more consistent. Thanks for the additional info! :)

This discussion has been closed.