1 PW crashing - urgent please advise

Hi, up to now I was perfectly happy with my old stand alone version 3.8.22 (build 32010) running on a Mac Book Pro (MAC OS 10.14.4). For some reason 1PW crashes now as soon as I enter my master PW. I figured it was some glitch due to the old version I am using, downloaded the current using and tried to get it to open the backup .agilentkeychain_zip files, which I unzipped first.
It is not working, and I urgently require access to some passwords. Please advise.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AlexKir
    AlexKir
    Community Member

Update: I used the "search my computer" feature and found a keychain file 1PW7 could open, yet this is an ancient file where none of my current passwords are present.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AlexKir: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password 3 was developed in 2009, and supports OS X Snow Leopard and Lion. It is not compatible with recent macOS and browser releases. You can read more details in the announcement at the top of this forum category:

1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

1Password 7, one the other hand, can import data from 1Password 3, and fully supports macOS High Sierra, Mojave, and the upcoming Catalina, along with the latest web browsers. You can get that and the latest version of all of the apps as part of a 1Password.com membership.

1Password 7 can also import data directly from an AgileKeychain vault (using File > Import > 1Password Keychain). If you have misplaced(?) your actual AgileKeychain vault, an .agilekeychain_zip backup archive can be renamed .zip, and then you can extract the vault from there. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.