1Password no longer wants to fill passwords in iOS 12 without having to go to the 1Password App.

Options
JoeBloeC7
JoeBloeC7
Community Member

I have set up AutoFill in iOS 12 as described:

"On the Home screen, tap Settings.
Tap Passwords & Accounts > AutoFill Passwords.
Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
Select 1Password.
(Deselect iCloud Keychain)
From now on, you’ll be able to fill and save passwords, without ever opening the 1Password app."

To fill a password , I do this:

"To fill or save a password, visit a website in Safari or open an app, and tap a username or password field. If you have a Login saved for the website or app, you’ll see your username above the keyboard. If not, you’ll see, [Key Symbol] Passwords."

The Login is saved in my 1Passord and I made sure the web page URL is saved correctly. Instead of seeing my username above the keyboard as it should be, I see "[Key Symbol] Passwords".

It used to work correctly, ie, it would fill in the user name and password without directing me to the 1Password app. Something has changed, but I do not know what!

1Password Version: 7.3.3
iOS Version:12.3.1
Sync Type: Families subscription

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @eishapiro!

Have you unlocked the main 1Password app at least once? Do you see your suggested username above the iOS keyboard after doing this?

• JoeBloeC7
    JoeBloeC7
    Community Member
    Options

Yes , 1Password is unlocked. No I do not see my suggested username above the keyboard after unlocking 1Password.
    ( I have attempted to include a screens hot of what I do see)

• JoeBloeC7
    JoeBloeC7
    Community Member
    Options

I think I solved the problem! In 1Password the URL for the site ended with "/Login" which is the exact same as the URL of the web page.

I DELETED the "/Login" part of the URL in 1Password and now everything is working normal.

Thanks for your response. Have a great weekend.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @eishapiro! I am happy to hear that this solved it, and I am sure other users will find this useful :)

Have a great weekend too!

This discussion has been closed.