I recently installed 1password X in my Chrome Browser on my MacBook Air - my vault is empty.

Options
jshonig
jshonig
Community Member
edited July 2019 in Mac

The vault in my 1Password app has all my logins, credit cards, etc - but when I click on the 1Password Chrome Browser extension the vault is empty except for the 1Password Account login. How do I get this information to "sync"?

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 1.15.3
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1password extension vault empty

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jshonig! Welcome to the forum!

1Password X will only see information that is stored inside a 1Password account, but you wrote that you are using iCloud to sync your data. 1Password X won't be able to see data stored in iCloud until you have moved it to your 1Password account.

At that point, you will get all your data automatically synced ;)

• jshonig
    jshonig
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana, thank you for your response. I think I need to provide more details as I'm really struggling. I had been using 1Password in a single user account for nearly 2 years without any issues. I recently created a Family Account and successfully invited my wife; installed the apps on her MacBook, etc. On 1Password 7 on my MacBook, I see my Family Account with nearly empty Private and Shared Vaults; and ON ICLOUD I see my Primary Vault with all of my Logins, credit cards, etc. When I log into my 1Password online account I see the Family Account and a Private and Shared vault - but with none of my login or credit card information. So... I assume that (in 1Password 7 App) I have to select everything in my Primary Vault and "move" it all to my Family Private Vault? And then in 1Password 7 App on my MacBook I select the (Family) Private Vault and Sync it with iCloud so that it works with 1Password on my iPhone and with 1Password X? And then delete my old Primary Vault?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jshonig:

So... I assume that (in 1Password 7 App) I have to select everything in my Primary Vault and "move" it all to my Family Private Vault?

Correct!

And then in 1Password 7 App on my MacBook I select the (Family) Private Vault and Sync it with iCloud so that it works with 1Password on my iPhone and with 1Password X?

Once you have moved your data from your Primary vault to your Family Private vault, you do not need to sync anything back to iCloud. At that point, you can just delete your old Primary vault, since everything will be in your 1Password account already :)

Moving forward, you should just use 1Password.com for syncing, you will not need iCloud anymore.

• jshonig
    jshonig
    Community Member
    Options

Got it @ag_ana and I think it’s all working now - thank you!!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @jshonig! I am happy that I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.