1Password 7: Selective Vault Sync over Local Network.

optimus1509
optimus1509
Community Member
edited July 2019 in Mac

I am currently contemplating upgrading to 1password 7, before i do i would like to know if i can do this -

I want to have 2 vaults - Vault 1 for phone1 and Vault 2 for phone2. I would like to sync either 1 or both vaults with phone 1 and only vault 2 with phone 2, the only sync method i want to use is WLAN sync. Is this doable? in previous versions of 1Password 6.x etc it would always require syncing the primary vault to be able to sync the other vaults. I want to be able to control which vault to sync with which device without the need for any cloud service, 1password.com or dropbox. I dont plan to use these services.

Please advise.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @optimus1509! Welcome to the forum!

You can choose which vaults to sync with the WLAN server, but the Primary vault is always included. You can always keep that vault empty if you don't want its data synced to your devices though ;)

• optimus1509
    optimus1509
    Community Member

Hi, i tried this - kept the primary vault empty. Created a new vault and imported all the items from the primary vault. Now the new vault is enabled under WLAN sync preferences but the new data vault doesn't show up on my phone. It seems only the primary vault is syncing i don't want to use dropbox for this sync. Please help.

• optimus1509
    optimus1509
    Community Member

Hi any help with this please?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @optimus1509,

It is difficult to help with the WLAN server because everything runs locally on your network and we have no visibility into anything that is happening over there.

You are in complete control of the sync process if you choose this method, but it's also the most technical method, so we have prepared a list of troubleshooting tips that have been reported useful over the years. Can you please try going through all of them and see if those help?

• optimus1509
    optimus1509
    Community Member

@ag_ana Thanks for trying to help. I have tried everything that was suggested and am willing to just give up. I have no issues with WiFi and so none of the steps in the link you provided seem to work. The issue is not with my WiFi. My Primary vault wouldn't have synced if this was the case.

On WLAN preferences i see the primary vault checked by default and greyed out so it can't be unchecked. This vault syncs perfectly but all the secondary vaults that are checked on this list refuse to sync. Is syncing a secondary Vault over WLAN even possible by design on a Mac? Why should i be forced to use dropbox and send all my information to the cloud?

At this point i think this functionality is broken or just not finished at all. No secondary vaults are being synced using WLAN and this is a huge limitation of 1P. Is this fixed in 1P7? If not ill just have to stop using this app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019

@optimus1509:

You should definitely be able to sync multiple vaults with the WLAN server, so I wonder if what you are seeing depends on the mobile device you have. I see that you also emailed us with the same question, so can you please reply to that thread and let us know what mobile device this is happening with? The operating system version of the mobile device might also be useful.

Based on that, we can route your request to the appropriate team.

Thank you!

ref: KEH-67411-275

• optimus1509
    optimus1509
    Community Member

Hi, I responded to the email - this is an iphone XS with iOS 12.3.1. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@optimus1509 - looks as if you've received a response via email; let's keep the conversation going that way (email) instead of in two places at once, to avoid duplication of effort and confusion. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.