i have 1password6 from the app store was working great till i got 1password7 now neither will work

Options
brickfield
brickfield
Community Member

Ii have 1password6 from the app store was working great till i got 1password7 now neither will work properly.
1password6 will only work by coping and pasting everything.
Do i need to take out new subscription to use 1password 7.

Please can you help me.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @brickfield!

1Password 7 is a paid upgrade, so you will need to have either a license for it, or a 1Password Membership (which is paid with a subscription).

If you could not use 1Password 7 after installing it, perhaps this is why it wouldn't work for you. You mentioned a "new subscription" in your post, so can I ask you if you are subscribed already?

1password6 will only work by coping and pasting everything.

Do you currently have both 1Password 6 and 1Password 7 installed at the same time? I wonder if the two apps are interfering for the use of the browser extension.

• brickfield
    brickfield
    Community Member
    Options

I bought through the app store originally can i buy directly from yourselves this time and upgrade to ip7 paid subscription but keep my vault with all my passwords and saved data.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @brickfield,

If you've installed and launched 1Password 7 then it should have already migrated all of you data over. From here you have two options and a splash screen ought to appear when you unlock 1Password 7 allowing you to choose one of these.

1. Move to a 1Password account (our subscription based service). After you create the account and connect it to 1Password 7 the application will move all of your vaults over and leave you with all the same data, just in 1Password account vaults. As subscription includes access to the latest version of 1Password on all supported platforms full functionality will be enabled in 1Password 7 for Mac and you're also entitled to use 1Password on any other supported device.
    2. You can purchase a 1Password 7 licence. Your vaults will remain as standalone vaults as they were in 1Password 6 and continue to sync in the same way as 1Password 6 if you had that set up. The new licence will entitle you to all minor updates to 1Password 7 but there is no guarantee that 1Password 8 would be a free update to our 1Password 7 licence holders.

The option that isn't available this time round is to purchase 1Password 7 in the Mac App Store. There isn't a happy path for paid updates in the Mac App Store so that version of 1Password only supports 1Password accounts. That way we can keep just pushing updates as anybody with a 1Password account is entitled to the new version.

Does that help at all, please do let us know if you have any further questions and we'll do our best to answer them.

• brickfield
    brickfield
    Community Member
    Options

Took out 30 day trial membership unable to install software for 1password mini?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @brickfield,

When you say unable to install, are you being presented with an error message at all? If you are a screenshot might help provide some context and we take it from there.

• brickfield
    brickfield
    Community Member
    Options

Downloaded 1password 7.3.1 pkg clicked continue then install then nothing happens no error message. I
    have 1password 6.8.9 installed with all my data in the vault.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @brickfield. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with it. This isn't normally necessary, but here is what I'd recommend trying:

1. Quit 1Password
    2. Drag 1Password from the /Applications folder to the Trash
    3. Remove 1Password from your web browser(s)
    4. Restart your Mac
    5. Download a fresh copy of 1Password: Download for Mac
    6. Run the installer
    7. When complete, install the browser extensions (using the same link above). Be sure to choose the "desktop app required" versions rather than "1Password X."

Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.