I upgraded to 7.3.1 ; now cannot login to saved sites.

hhhawkins
hhhawkins
Community Member

Same problem as tomjbaty

I upgraded to 7.3.1 ever since I cannot log in to any of my saved "logins" in 1Password. Up until I did this everything worked fine, Have tested 6-8 sites. Please help.

MacOS 10.14.5 (18F132)
Safari Version 12.1.1 (14607.2.6.1.1)
Browser ext 7.3.1
!Password 7.3.1
Restarted yes
Also, Sidebar does not deploy

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hhhawkins! Welcome to the forum!

I upgraded to 7.3.1 ever since I cannot log in to any of my saved "logins" in 1Password.

Can you please clarify what you mean by "cannot log in"? What happens when you try to login to a website? Is your password rejected? Do you get an error message when you fill your data? Is the extension disabled? Or something else entirely?

Also, Sidebar does not deploy

Sorry, I don't think I understand what you mean by "deploying" here. Can you please elaborate on this a little bit?

Thank you!

• hhhawkins
    hhhawkins
    Community Member

New day, new results:
    When I open 1Password, go to a particular entry, e.g. Hilton, and select website – open and fill, most of the same websites which I tried yesterday now open and fill. So I will keep working with the other items to see what is wrong with them.

Unfortunately, the sidebar still does not deploy, which means that the black panel on the left of the screen and including watchtower, categories and so on is not visible. On your website there is an instruction to close this panel using option command L. However, I could not find a command to open it, though I did try the above command as well as arrows to no avail.

I have two columns. One is under "search all walls," the one password icon, and suggestions. When I click on the latter, a drop down deploys, displaying selections such as "all items," "favorites," and "logins." Nowhere do I find watchtower or categories.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@hhhawkins:

Thank you for the update! Sounds good :)

On your website there is an instruction to close this panel using option command L. However, I could not find a command to open it, though I did try the above command as well as arrows to no avail.

Option Command L is also the command to open the sidebar, so that should definitely work.

As an alternative, you could also try clicking on the View entry in the menu bar when 1Password is opened, and then select Expand Sidebar. What happens if you try to do this from that menu?

• hhhawkins
    hhhawkins
    Community Member

Option command L definitely does NOT work, nor do a few other combinations I tried.

I have the1 Password icon on the browser menu bar as well as on the Apple menu bar. When I open1 Password from either of those locations, the1 Password menubar does not replace the menu for the application that was already open, such as Word, or the browser, such as Safari. The only way that I can get the 1 Password menu bar to open is to pin the1 Password screen; doing so changes the screen to the item only screen. In the1 Password menubar now visible, I opened the view menu which showed a grayed out "collapse sidebar" command. There was no "expand sidebar" selection.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@hhawkins - I'm having a little trouble visualizing what you're describing. Would you mind taking a screenshot of what you’re seeing, when this happens? You can upload it into a reply to this thread -- just make sure you don't include any personally-identifying information.

• hhhawkins
    hhhawkins
    Community Member

• Hi @hhhawkins

If you launch 1Password from the macOS Dock do you see the UI that you are looking for? Or, if you don't have 1Password on the Dock... open Finder and navigate to Applications in the sidebar then double click on 1Password?

Ben

• hhhawkins
    hhhawkins
    Community Member

Both methods worked. Why don't the others?

• hhhawkins
    hhhawkins
    Community Member

Thanks.
    H

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@hhhawkins - because in your setup, you're using the 1Password mini/extension, which is designed for filling and saving items, not the full layout.

• hhhawkins
    hhhawkins
    Community Member

OK. Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.