Trial Expired? when i updated to new mac software

yanno88
yanno88
Community Member

idk why this happened ive been a customer since 2013 at least i think

my mac updated over night and now my 1pass says " your trial is expired"

anyone have any ideas???? it doesnt let me use the puirchase key, its asking me to upload something

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@yanno88 - I'm sorry for the trouble! It sounds as if you may have created a 1password.com membership, without adding a credit card for payment. If you started with us in 2013, first of all, thanks for being a long-time user! Back then, standalone software licenses were the only way to use 1Password. Today, you can still do that, or you can subscribe to a 1password.com account (which is what it sounds like you did). You can sign into your 1password.com account in a browser at https://start.1password.com and then click the Billing tab to add your credit card -- but previous standalone licenses for older versions of 1Password won't work for this. Let us know if you have any questions. :)

• yanno88
    yanno88
    Community Member

why do i need to pay again? cant i use my liscense

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@yanno88 - you can use your license for the version you purchased. If you purchased any license from version 4-6, it will work through version 6 -- but version 7 is an entirely new version of 1Password for Mac, and it requires a new purchase or a 1password.com membership. Again, it sounds as if you might have set up a 1password.com membership, which is not the same thing as a standalone license. Let us know if you have any questions.

• yanno88
    yanno88
    Community Member

yes but it was working fine yesterday before the update of my OS

so what do i do? uninstall and re install old version?
    im confused, i didnt do anything for it to ask me for trial

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@yanno88: Do you have a license or a subscription?

• nj4dummies
    nj4dummies
    Community Member

Having the same issue ... I had a license but after updating my mac it says trial expired.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

HI @nj4dummies! Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you might have created a 1Password Membership, and that you haven't activated a subscription for it.

If you want to use your 1Password license, you shouldn't use a 1Password account and store your data in it; on the other hand, if a 1Password Membership is what you want, you can start a subscription for it in your account's Billing section.

In other words, you can use 1Password with a license or with a subscription. In your case, it looks like you might have been doing both.

This discussion has been closed.