1Password cached old account which does not exist any longer. Can not access vault

Options
danieljurand
danieljurand
Community Member
edited July 2019 in Mac

After what I thought was a failed update to 1Password v7 from v6 I deleted the trial account and started all over. This is one of the suggestions for the procedure if one can't access one's vault anymore. So after wiping everything with the App CleanMyMac I created a new trial account and installed 1Password v7 anew. When I now open 1Password my Master password, which works in the 1Password Browser App just fine, is not accepted.

When I open 1Password > Preferences I can tell by the secret key that somehow there is still a reference the previously created and meanwhile deleted account. All buttons to add a new account or remove this present one are greyed out and inactive.

What can I do to continue using my vault with 1Password v7? This is a very nasty problem.

Strangely everything still works fine, when I use 1Password v6. This previous version is automatically zipped and kept for reference. So I simply unzipped it and tried to open it.

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @danieljurand! Welcome to the forum!

You need to start over in your 1Password for Mac app ;) After doing this, you will be able to add your new account to 1Password.

I believe this is the only thing that is missing. I hope this helps!

• danieljurand
    danieljurand
    Community Member
    Options

Hello ag_na,

thank you very much for your quick and helpful response. This did indeed solve my problem.

Best regards
    Daniel

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@danieljurand

Daniel, you are very welcome!

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to get back to us anytime, we will be happy to help you.

Have a wonderful day! :)

This discussion has been closed.