How do I migrate two family members from a shared Dropbox folder?

breezeblock
breezeblock
Community Member

Hi. I've been using 1Password since 2011. My wife and I have been syncing from a shared Dropbox folder, with only one vault. I just created a Family account, installed OPM7, and migrated all our data into my own private vault, from where I will be moving items into different vaults as appropriate. In order to set up my wife's devices, do I simply decline the offer to migrate data after upgrading her apps? Will that do the trick? I'm also wondering at what point I can safely delete the shared vault from Dropbox.

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: 7.3.1
OS Version: OS X 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @breezeblock! Welcome to the forum!

In order to set up my wife's devices, do I simply decline the offer to migrate data after upgrading her apps? Will that do the trick?

Yes, if you have already migrated the same data, and you will take care of moving data to the correct vaults appropriately, you do not need to migrate anything from additional devices which you will add to the account.

I'm also wondering at what point I can safely delete the shared vault from Dropbox.

Once you have moved all data inside your 1Password account and everything shows up properly in a browser on 1Password.com, you can remove the old Primary vault from the app :)

• breezeblock
    breezeblock
    Community Member

Great. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome! :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.