Filling passwords for Microsoft websites (e.g. Office 365)

Microsoft websites make login as a two step processes: the first screen has only username input and the second screen has only password inputs. The experiences filling passwords on Microsoft websites since 1Password 6 is getting worse and worse.
With 1Password 6, a single click on the browser extension (Firefox) can automatically filled in both username and password (yes, the password is already filled when second screen comes).
With the release of 1Password 7, it requires clicking on the browser extension twice to fill the username and passwords separately. However, the second click could be fast because the item in 1Password dropdown menu is already selected and the users only needs to press Enter.
Recently with the release of 1Password 7.3. the mini password selection windows is redesigned. And it now requires actual two selection to log in to Microsoft websites. Users need to first select the item to fill. the username, then find and select the item again to fill in the password.
Any plan to change this?

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @xionglingfeng!

Users need to first select the item to fill. the username, then find and select the item again to fill in the password.

I have just tried logging in to a Microsoft account here, and thing worked fine for me. The Microsoft entry in 1Password was already selected for me after entering the username, I didn't have to find it again.

One suggestion I can give you is to use the keyboard shortcut instead of the browser extension if you want to make the process even quicker ;) By default it's **Cmd + **, but you can change it to a different one if you prefer under 1Password Preferences > General tab.

• xionglingfeng
    xionglingfeng
    Community Member
    edited July 2019

Hi @ag_ana,
    Yes you are right, it automatically filtered the items and shows items for Microsoft website only.
    However, when there are multiple items for Microsoft site, I need to select the one I want to use at the first screen to fill in the username, and then again select the same item to fill in the password at the second screen, which is different than before. Previously, on the second screen, the item I selected at the first screen is already pre-selected. I need to press 'Enter' to use it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@xionglingfeng

and then again select the same item to fill in the password at the second screen, which is different than before. Previously, on the second screen, the item I selected at the first screen is already pre-selected.

Indeed, this is working properly on my system here. After selecting the correct Microsoft account from the list (I have more than one account as well) on the username page, the same account is automatically selected when I reach the password page.

Would you be able to send a short video of this happening (without personal information in it)?

• JSchoof
    JSchoof
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana ,

I have the same issue as @xionglingfeng: While 1Password 6 on my Mac filled in both email and password at Microsoft sites with one single(!) selection of the right item, I now need to select the item twice. This is quite error prone if you have multiple accounts for one website as it is not unusual at Microsoft.
    I prepared two screen recordings to illustrate the behavior in 1Password 6 and 1Password 7 respectively. But I am not allowed to attach .mov files to this message. How can I send you these files?

Best regards

-JochenS

• JSchoof
    JSchoof
    Community Member

Oops - I should have mentioned:

• 1Password 6 is version 6.8.9 (689001) on macOS 10.13.6
    • 1Password 7 is version 7.3.1 (70301008) on MacOS 10.14.5

-JochenS

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019

Hi @JSchoof!

Thank you for testing this! Do you have a cloud account somewhere where you could temporarily upload the videos, if they do not include personal information (such as your email addresses)?

If the videos do include personal information, please send them to us via email instead. You can send them at support+forum@agilebits.com :)

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

ref: AJV-95221-646

• posix
    posix
    Community Member

I'm experiencing exact same problem on multiple websites (not just Microsoft) with v7. Problem didn't occur with v6. Another problem new to v7 that might be related to this: Often when I click "Autofill" or press enter, the browser extension doesn't fill in the selected user name or password (nothing happens). I have to try repeatedly, and eventually it fills it in. The behaviour of both problems suggests 1Pass v7 browser extension sometimes doesn't recognise the active page.

• gveres
    gveres
    Community Member

I wonder if the difference between what we experience and what the 1password team experiences is that we are using logins that were created in previous versions or with previous versions of the website. I came here to post something asking how to "update" a saved login once the underlying website changes their site to behave differently. I know that my microsoft 1password entries were created a couple of years go when microsoft did things differently than they do now.

• JSchoof
    JSchoof
    Community Member

Hi @gveres,
    I had the same thought as you and before taking the videos tried creating new accounts as explained on the respective 1Password support page https://support.1password.com/create-multi-page-login/. However, for me this did not change anything in filling out the forms.

• JSchoof
    JSchoof
    Community Member
    edited July 2019

Hi @ag_ana,

I prefer the email approach and sent the two screen recordings. The support ID is [#AJV-95221-646].
    My screen language is German but I think both the workflow and the differences are obvious anyway.

For better comparison, I updated my MacBook. So both recordings are now based on macOS 10.14.5 using 1Password 6 and 7 respectively. The 1Passwords builds remained unchanged to my note above.

If I can provide more information let me know. Thank you and best regards

-JochenS

ref: AJV-95221-646

• Hey @JSchoof, thanks for sending in those recordings. Someone should get back to you shortly. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.