Make 1PasswordX popout window resizeable?

crisbennett
crisbennett
Community Member
edited May 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

Congrats on the May 1PX release. The popout in particular is very welcome. I find myself in Linux more than 50% of the time these days, so anything that makes 1PasswordX feel like a first-class desktop citizen is great for me.

Anyway I noticed that the popout window isn't resizeable (on Firefox, anyway). It would be nice (if hardly essential) if it were (assuming the add-on apis permit this).

Cheers.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.0
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @crisbennett! Thank you so much for the kind words and congratulations. Our devs have been working really hard to bring us this beautiful new popup and I'm really proud of them and so happy to hear you like it too. :)

As for resizability — This discussion has occurred a couple times in my presence, but the outcome seems to consistently be "that's not a viable option at the moment." I do know in the past there've been bugs on some sites that inadvertently resulted in a different sized 1Password X popup and it broke some things. Otherwise, I haven't seen this fully attempted so I went ahead and filed an issue with my team proposing popup resizability. We'll see if that's a challenge they can/will take on. Thank you for sharing your feedback! We really do appreciate it. ❤️

ref: x/b5x#1189

• krautsourced
    krautsourced
    Community Member

Not trying to be difficult here, but seriously, wtf? I mean, look at something like this, the URL is cut off. And I have numerous secure notes in my database which are almost impossible to use in the small window. I can understand if the dropdown is somehow limited in size, but the detached window? You really need to fix that. For the time being I'm moving back to the regular app.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019

Hey @krautsourced – thanks for adding your input here! It looks like the title of your item is cut off, you're right. The name of your item doesn't need to match the entire URL, though. Here's an example of my own Login for the 1Password forum where things aren't cut off:

That said, we totally see where you're coming from, and that's why Cecelia mentioned passing the request along to our developers. I'll add your comment as well so we can keep it in mind when building future versions of 1Password X. Thanks again!

ref: x/b5x#1189

This discussion has been closed.