Empty Trash does nothing

Options

1Password v7.2.581
Windows 10 v1809

The "Empty Trash" option never worked. I get a quick banner saying "emptying for personal account" but then nothing happens, and I get a red banner with "Error while emptying trash for Personal". Not very helpful. Is there a fix coming up?

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 v1809
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Faskil,

Thank you for reporting this! :+1: Sorry for the troubles.

We are not aware of any existing issues, so we will need to investigate your situation. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from 1Password 7 for Windows, where you see this error:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. Please keep me posted here. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Faskil
    Faskil
    Community Member
    Options

Every person I know with the Windows client is experiencing the same issue. I doubt it's on my side, but OK, I'll send you the email. BTW, I can refer you to those Windows users if you need it, they're all having the sync issue (trash is empty on the web, not in the app).

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Faskil,

It is possible that this issue is related to a bigger performance issue in the current version of 1Password that we plan to address in the upcoming update. Please shoot us an email and we will take a closer look. Thank you very much in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• AndrewR
    AndrewR
    Community Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

Was this ever fixed? I'm still having the same issue. [never mind, was just delayed]

• MikeT
    Options

Not yet.

For others, the issue is that when the trash is emptied, there's no code in the app to inform the UI to reset the trash view, so it is stuck. This will be fixed but we do not have an ETA; we do want to fix it as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.