Password X locks when you open 1Password app and closes.

Using both 1Password X, and Desktop Beta, I've noticed that password X browser will lock if you close the app.

Steps to reproduce:
Open Password X - Browser or via toolbar.
both unlocks, Open Password App from Application folder.
Close App
Everything locks.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.2.BETA-0 (70302000) 1Passw
Extension Version: 1.16.4
OS Version: 10.15 Beta
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @DBLClick! Desktop App Integration allows 1Password X to adopt the lock state of 1Password for Mac. That's why when you close your browser, you can open it back up and 1Password X will remain unlocked. That being said, when 1Password for Mac closes, it also locks, so that triggers 1Password X to lock as well. Has there been a time when this has become an issue for you or is it just something you noticed? To be honest, I rarely ever close 1Password for Mac, so it hasn't come up for me yet.

• DBLClick
    DBLClick
    Community Member

it's hasn't become a true issue, but sometime I use the app to edit password or account changes. Most days I open using the toolbar app and leave it unlocked until I leave my machine. sleep mode or locked screen will return it to lock. it's just that occasional time you go into the desktop app for a short change and it goes.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@DBLClick – Thanks for sharing some more details. It sounds like you'd typically keep the 1Password for Mac app open if you occasionally use it for editing. Are you finding the need to quit 1Password for Mac completely while you're using your computer?

• DBLClick
    DBLClick
    Community Member

No, I not finding I need to close it, but I'm neat freak, I like my desktop to have what's needed. So when I'm editing photos and music it has as much memory available for me to use.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@DBLClick – That makes perfect sense to me. Quitting 1Password for Mac on your Dock shouldn't lock 1Password X, though, since the Extension Helper would still be running. 1Password X didn't lock until I right clicked on the 1Password icon in my macOS menu bar and clicked on "Quit 1Password Completely" since that closes both the application and the Extension Helper. I hope that helps a bit!

This discussion has been closed.