New user question - adding passwords to iOS

daviesap
daviesap
Community Member

Hello

I have just started using 1Password after many years of relying on Keychain on my Mac OSX / the built in iOS password manager.

I am running the latest versions of iOS / 1Password. Using an iPhone X.

I get 1Password to work ok on my Mac - but if I browse to a website on Safari on my iPhone - enter my username and password - I am not getting the option to save it to 1Password. I have tried Facebook, Strava, 4Gon for now - and no success.

Am I doing something wrong? In Passwords and Accounts on settings, I have just 1Password selected.

Thanks,
Andrew

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @daviesap

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

We're not able to have the same level of tight integration with the browser on iOS like we are on Mac and Windows. As such we're not able to prompt you if you'd like to save a password after entering it on a website. To do that you'd need to activate the autofill function and initiate a save from there after you've filled in your credentials. Full details on how to do this can be found in our autofill guide, here:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• daviesap
    daviesap
    Community Member

Thanks Ben

That makes sense.

Andrew

• You're very welcome. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.