Using Pixel 3 as a security key

Options
jimk4003
jimk4003
Community Member

1Password has recently enabled use of physical security keys as a second factor. My Pixel 3XL has an integrated Titan M security chip that can be used as a FIDO second factor key, and I have it set up like this with my Google account.

I can't, however, seem to use the Pixel as a security key with my 1Password account. Whenever I try to add the device as a bluetooth key in 1Password's settings, the request just times out.

Has anyone had success using their Pixel 3 as a security key for 1Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mverde
    Options

@jimk4003 I'm glad to hear that you're making use of the new WebAuthn support that we've added to 1Password.com! I was pretty excited when Google announced the fact that Android 7+ devices could now act as FIDO keys. Like you, I've got my Pixel 3 set up as a second factor for my Google accounts.

Unfortunately for early adopters like you and me, it doesn't look like this is available for use with third-party services yet. Since we've already done the leg work to support WebAuthn on 1Password.com though, it should mean that it will just work with your phone once Google expands support to include third-party services.

This discussion has been closed.