Make non-1Password X extension work with MS Edge

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Edge Chromium Extension.

Comments

• felixfbecker
    felixfbecker
    Community Member
    Options

Please make the non-X extension work with Chromium Edge - I don't want to have to authenticate twice every time I reboot my computer (desktop app and browser) and 1Password X does not support TouchID. I'm on macOS and it always says "Couldn’t connect to 1Password".

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@felixfbecker - I've split your comments off into a separate thread to avoid confusion, as the thread you posted in was in our Windows Beta forum, and you say you're on macOS. Hope that's OK. On the Windows side, the "non-1Password X" extension does work with MS Edge, but on the Mac side, Edge is simply not in the condition for us to be able to do that...yet. Microsoft has not yet even released Edge as a 1.0 -- so, while we'd love to offer Edge integration, we need to wait a bit longer. To be clear, you can install 1Password X into Edge for Mac currently, and it should work well. The regular ("desktop app required") extension may take a little longer. Sorry for any inconvenience.

• felixfbecker
    felixfbecker
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. Interesting - given that Edge is forked from Chromium, I thought it would have all the same capabilities. Out of curiosity, what is Edge missing that prevents this?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@felixbecker - mostly stability and maturity, from what I understand. I'm not a developer myself, so I don't know the intricate details of it. Edge isn't even a blip yet on the browser market-share graph for macOS.

This discussion has been closed.