Clicking a Word-Addin opens 1password Opera Extension

Immo
Immo
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have a rather weird (at least for me) issue with the latest 1Passwort 7.3.701 that leaves me puzzled. When running Opera and Word 365, clicking the printing button of a Word-Addin (it's an addin of a Law-firm software) first opens the Opera 1Password extension prior to opening the printer dialog. :) Any idea on where to start looking?

1Password Version: 7.3.701
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 1903
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @lmmo,

Thanks for reporting this.

Is the Word add-on next to the 1Password icon? It sounds like a mis-click where it sent a fake click to 1Password icon.

Do you have another extension icon in the toolbar and if yes, drag it to the same place where 1Password icon is and try again with Word's addon, see if it still clicks 1Password icon.

• Immo
    Immo
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

the issue appears when clicking a addin button in Microsoft Word not Opera. There is not supposed to be a 1Password icon in Word, is there?

• Hi @lmmo,

I've thought you meant this was in Opera with 1Password extension and Word add-on. If Opera wasn't running, did 1Password mini still show up from Word?

Can you check the shortcut set for printing of that law's add-on? Could it be set to use the same shortcut as opening 1Password mini (Control + \ or Control + Alt + \)?

Also, is your Windows toolbar on the bottom? We've seen some weird glitches in the past if you have the taskbar on top.

Finally, did any specific website opens up in Opera or just 1Password mini shows up with all items showing?

• Immo
    Immo
    Community Member

1Password mini shows up when Opera is not running an the taskbar is at the buttom.

But -you are right, it uses the same shortcut Control + \ (Strg + # on a German Keyboard). I just don't know why this never happened before but the publisher of the addin might have updated the shortcut -I never used or checked it. "Funny" thing is, that using the shortcut brings up the printing dialog but not 1Password. Klicking the button brings up both(!?) :)

• If you reassign the shortcut – either for 1Password or the Word add-on – does it still give you trouble, @Immo? It's hard to guess at why that add-on is behaving as it does (maybe it triggers a keyboard shortcut when you click it?) but swapping the shortcut for one or the other is likely the simplest fix. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.